ASSOCIATION “EDUCATION FOR ALL IN KAZAKHSTAN”
General information about the organisation.
Association ‘Education for all in Kazakhstan’ is a non-governmental organization registered in 2002 as a successor of the National Observatory of Kazakhstan which was established in 1996 under the agreement between the Government of Kazakhstan and European Training Foundation.
Currently the Association is nominated as a UNEVOC Centre, and is a member of Asia-Pacific Programme for Education for all Resource and Training Consortium.
Since 2005 the Association having won the tender of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency of the European Commission (Brussels, Belgium), performs the functions of the National Tempus Office in Kazakhstan (a programme in the field of higher education funded by the European Union) since 2014 called as the National Erasmus+ Office in Kazakhstan.
Mission of the Association is to provide all concerned parties and individuals with information, expert, mediatory and educational consultative services through the implementation of projects and programmes in the field of professional education and training, Education for All, Lifelong Learning (LLL).
The Association ‘Education for all in Kazakhstan’ is:
- collects and summarises the information on these areas of domestic and foreign sources, it adapts to the conditions and priorities of Kazakhstan;
- takes part in the dissemination and practical implementation of the EFA and LLL objectives;
- introduces professionals of educational, labor, employment systems and system of social protection of the population, of non-governmental sector to the new global trends, programmes and concepts in the field of education;
- organises training and workshops on modern technologies of education;
- conducts information sessions;
- deals with the preparation of scientific reports, comparative reviews of materials from different countries on education and related issues
- participates as experts, coaches, consultants and coordinators in international projects on the formal and informal / additional education.
Over the past five years, sources of financing the activities of the Association have been the followings: the Executive Agency for Education, Audiovisual and Culture of the European Commission; UNESCO Bangkok; UNESCO Cluster Office, Almaty.
Focusing on solving tactical and strategic tasks in the field of education and social services, we ensure the intersection of the two most important areas of life and contribute to the integration of interests of both sectors. Over the years, the Association has established effective communication with the National Agency for Statistics, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the leading international and national non-governmental organisations (British Council, the EU Delegation in Kazakhstan, the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD, the Confederation of Employers of Kazakhstan, Academy of Education, Almaty Association of Entrepreneurs and others.), academic institutions and centres, educational and training institutions in Kazakhstan and abroad. Experts of the Association always take part in developing and evaluating various documents related to the policy and practice of vocational education and training in Kazakhstan and regularly participate in the implementation of projects supported and financed by various organisations.
In total, the Association has implemented:
- 35 research projects;
- 32 international and regional conferences (with the involvement of the Central Asian countries);
- 83 national and regional seminars;
- issued 43 publications with a total number of 13 150 copies.